APR Intercooler System - MQB 1.8T/2.0T
Cool down your intake air temperature to maximize performance while keeping your engine safe.
- Dramatically lowers intake air temp (IAT)
- Increases horsepower while minimizing power-robbing heat soak!
- Effectiveness tested to over 500 HP!
- 21 horsepower gain over the factory system!
- Massive core size
- Use of the OEM-location allows for a massive intercooler core.
- 24.25" x 16.25" x 1.25" - 492.5 in³ - OEM GTI
- 24.25" x 16.25" x 1.37" - 529.8 in³ - OEM Golf R
- 24.00" x 16.25" x 2.25" - 877.5 in³ - APR
- Intercooler installed in the best location for this platform
- Utilizes factory air dams for exceptional airflow across the core.
- 100% compatible with the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system.
- Highly effective core design
- Bar-and-plate core with staggered and louvered fins.
- Rigorous testing determined core style, fin density, and size.
- Low pressure drop + highly effective cooling = high performance!
- Smooth cast end tanks
- Engineered for low turbulence/restriction and maximum flow.
- Organically shaped to promote airflow across entire core.
- Pressure tested to prevent power robbing boost leaks.
- No hidden labor costs or permanent modifications
- No trimming, cutting, or other costly modification required.
- No modification to the Adaptive Cruise Control System required.
- Full directions and APR world-renowned customer support included.
- Designed by engineers with lasers
- With the best equipment and smartest engineers, it just works!
|Color||Silver / Natural|
|Cooler Type||Air to Air|
|Core Frontal Area (in^2)||390.00|
|Core Height (in)||16.25|
|Core Type||Bar and Plate|
|Core Volume (in^3)||877.50|
|Core Width (in)||2.25|
|End tank Construction||Cast|
|End tank Material||356-F Aluminum|
|Product Type||Charge Air Cooler|
This part is legal under the provisions of EPA’s Tampering Policy dated November 23rd, 2020. The company has reasonable basis (test results) to verify that this product allows the vehicle to operate within legal emissions standards and is therefore legal to be sold for on-street use in all states that accept the legal provisions of the Clean Air Act and the EPA Tampering Policy. This product is NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. Testing with the California Air Resources Board, in order to achieve 50-state compliance, is pending with CARB. Once testing is complete with California, and an E.O. number is issued, this product will be updated to 50-state legal status.
Be the first to write a review
*Free Shipping & Handling only offered to the contiguous US on orders over $100, excludes clearance parts and oversized packages.
Some parts are not legal for use in California or other states with similar regulations.