August 22nd, 2019
We’ve updated our Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 IS38 ECU Upgrades bringing new features, power, and safety. This is mostly available in our newly released 2019 GTI / A3 ECU Upgrades and is now available for all previous years in North America.
– Better power delivery with flatter torque, and higher peak power
– Various protection routines added and tweaked
– Linear pedal mapping
– Tire spin protection added (FWD files only, running an AWD file disables it)
– Corrected the digital dash boost gauge
– Auto Start / Stop is now inverted and defaults off (Stage 2/3)
– Optional pops and bangs have 3 options: off, normal, and aggressive
– Specific files were created for FWD and AWD drivetrains
– Specific files were created for 6MT and DSG gearboxes
– Low torque files added
– Low octane (87 R+M/2) files added
Using a Kistler in-cylinder pressure transducer system, we greatly improved combustion efficiency and reduced in-cylinder combustion pressure while delivering the same output. Furthermore low-RPM torque is now limited in taller gears for greater LSPI protection. Essentially the engine experiences less strain but creates the same power.
Using exhaust gas pressure transducers, thermocouples and turbine shaft speed sensors, we were able to …