APR is pleased to present the ultimate transmission control unit (TCU) upgrade for the DL501 Gen 1, Gen 1.5 and Gen 2 S Tronic transmissions! APR’s TCU upgrade is available for 3.0 TFSI platform vehicles and is conveniently flashed to the vehicle’s TCU through the OBD-II port with user definable options selectable at the time of install.
APR’s TCU upgrade goes beyond the overly simplistic norm of raising a few limiters, and offers a wide gamut of changes designed to completely enhance the driving experience. With an in-depth knowledge of the transmission’s inner workings and control strategies, APR’s engineers have improved many aspects of the transmission from accelerative performance to daily drivability, while also incorporating new features including several typically reserved for higher-end Audi Quattro GmbH RS models.
Depending on the driving scenario, APR’s calibration experts have created multiple operating modes designed to deliver ideal performance for the given driving condition. When using launch control, the transmission enters a maximum acceleration mode designed to provide the fastest possible acceleration through a heightened application of torque, optimized shift points and shift strategies among other performance related enhancements. Under blistering, near wide-open throttle, the transmission enters a different state of performance with shift maps optimized for power delivery on vehicles with modified engine software. Manual and Tiptronic mode are tailored to the driver’s desired auto up/down shift preferences at the time of install include several features to enable quicker paddle response times and faster upshifts on Gen 2/B8.5 models. Finally under part-throttle daily-driving in both Drive and Sport mode, the transmission remains calm and smooth. Common clunks and driver annoyances are addressed and the transmission comfortably responds to the driver’s input without constantly and aggressively seeking the highest gear possible.
– 7,200 max shift point with gear dependent overshoot protection.
– User adjustable 3-Step multiple launch control RPM.
– User definable* max launch control RPM up to 6,000 RPM.
– User definable* manual mode downshifts (on/off).
– User definable* manual mode upshifts (on/off).
– Launch control enabled on all models.
– Launch control response enhanced for quicker launches.
– Launch control limits raised from 200 to 3000 launches.
– Launch control Max acceleration mode enabled for the fastest possible acceleration.
– Multiple acceleration modes defined for various driving scenarios.
– Manual mode / TT mode paddle response time optimized.
– Manual mode / TT mode shift optimized with gear dependent thresholds on Gen 2/B8.5 Models.
– Torque intervention limits raised, while retaining temperature protection.
– Temperature management modified.
– Transmission coolant pump optimized during high temp scenarios.
– Gear display enabled in Drive and Sport.
– Optimized Drive and Sport mode shift maps.
– Downshift “lockout” disabled below previous gear’s max RPM.
– First gear, rolling-stop, “clunk” addressed.
– First gear “short shift” addressed.
– Significant power increase on applications meeting peak power well above the vehicle’s factory defined shift points.
Please visit our product page for extensive details!