This position supports operations through the application of quality standards, methods, and processes to assure and control quality. Candidate will execute various quality program initiatives and be responsible for inspection and approval of components and assemblies. In this role, the candidate will use their analytical skills to assess and verify products meet specifications and communicate the results with Production and Engineering.
• Supports Quality Manager by creating per product quality plans, supporting and implementing standard quality metrics, and creating standard inspection criteria for product operators
• Administers Non-Conformance Reporting system, verifying accuracy and timely completion of investigations, dispositions and documentation
• Investigates and documents general quality issues, works with engineering, production, and supply chain to implement solutions
• Supports Production team with developing effective and efficient strategies to inspect, measure, and report quality metrics
• Supports production with creating and maintaining work instructions for critical processes.
• Approves Incoming materials by confirming specifications
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• High School Diploma or its equivalent
• Proficient with Microsoft Products
• 2 years of work experience in a manufacturing or administrative environment
• Ability to learn and determine fit, form, and function standards for new product
• Proficiency reading engineering drawings (blueprints) and correctly interpreting dimensional tolerances to validate conformance to engineering and manufacturing standards
Desired Qualifications & Experience:
• Experience with automotive and/or enthusiast-based consumer products
• 2-year degree
• 4+ years of experience in a quality control/quality assurance position
• Knowledge of standard quality systems (ISO9001 / TS16949, etc.)
• Laser Metrology / 3d inspection experience
• Experience with ERP systems
• Experience working within ISO/TS quality environments
• Forklift operating experience
• Inventory control experience
• Certified quality auditor (ASQ or similar)
• Continuous Improvement or lean manufacturing experience / training
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
• The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands to feel objects and type on keyboard or work controls.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
• Work is regularly performed in a manufacturing environment as well as a shop and office environment. The noise levels can vary from light to medium levels.