APR is pleased to present the ultimate transmission control unit (TCU) upgrade for the DQ250 DSG and S Tronic transmissions! APR’s TCU upgrade is available for MQB platform vehicles and is conveniently flashed to the vehicle’s TCU through the OBD-II port with user definable options selectable at the time of install.
APR’s TCU upgrade goes beyond the overly simplistic norm of raising a few limiters, and offers a wide gamut of changes designed to enhance the driving experience especially when combined with APR’s performance engine software and hardware. With an in-depth knowledge of the transmission’s inner workings and control strategies, APR’s engineers have improved many aspects of the transmission from accelerative performance to daily drivability, while also incorporating new features including several typically reserved for higher-end Audi Quattro GmbH RS models.
- Faster acceleration through application specific optimized shift points.
- Drive and Sport mode shift maps custom tailored to APR’s power upgrades.
- User adjustable 3-step multi-launch control RPM limits.
- User definable* max launch control RPM.
- User definable* manual mode downshifts via the kick-down switch (on/off).
- User definable* manual mode upshifts at max engine speed (on/off).
- Manual mode / TT mode paddle response times optimized.
- Manual mode / TT mode downshift time optimized.
- Launch control response enhanced for quicker launches.
- Torque intervention limits raised while retaining critical protection routines.
- Temperature management optimized.
- Gear display enabled in Drive and Sport.
- Downshift “lockout” disabled below previous gear’s max RPM.
*APR’s DirectPort Programming suite allows the end user to tailor the TCU upgrade to their needs at the time of installation.