ECU and TCU Box Code and Revision
ECU and TCU Box Code and RevisionEach Engine Control Unit (ECU) and Transmission Control Unit (TCU) has software installed on it typically referred to as a Box Code and Revision. It's basically a software part number and a version number. Often times we'll need to know this information so we can see if we have a tune ready for your exact controller. The guides below will help you to find this information using various scan tools on the market.
There are many different scan tools that may have the ability to look up your ECU and TCU information. The following is a generic guide to give you an idea what to look for. Use the specific guides below if you have one of the mentioned scan tools.
- Turn on your vehicle's ignition (The engine doesn't need to be started)
- Plug in your scan tool into the OBDII port
- Launch the scan tool program
- Look for something related to the Engine or Transmission controller, depending on what you're looking up
- Look for some sort of identification or information readout
- Look for a Software part number and Software revision identifier.
- It will likely look something like this: 8Y0 906 264 A and 0001. This is your box code and revision.