2.0 & 1.8 TSI Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System
Carbonio's latest carbon fiber intake for the 2.0 & 1.8 TSI engine is a truly race engineered ram air design that is available for the first time as an affordable street car intake system. Building from years of experience on and off the race track, Carbonio's and APR's engineering teams have spent countless hours developing a true cold air and ram air carbon fiber design that can be recreated affordably for the street performance enthusiast.
For many years professional motorsport organizations have suffered great expense to properly tune the air intake delivery system for transverse turbocharged engines for use in endurance and sprint races where every last horsepower and pound feet of torque can make the difference in position when crossing the finish line. Historically these designs have proven to be the most efficient and powerful although the most expensive to produce.
VW Motorsport - Scirocco GT24
Aftermarket performance companies have attempted to capitalize on these designs however the cost restraints have typically resulted in compromise and deviation from the true engineering principles associated with motorsport accomplishment. Don't be fooled by catch phrases and tag lines alluding to a new intake technology or special design characteristic. You won't see any of these gimmicks installed on race cars at the Nurburgring.
Carbonio and APR have gone even further to maintain all oem specifications necessary to integrate cohesively with an otherwise stock engine to avoid raising eyebrows at the dealership. Flexibility was another characteristic of Carbonio's and APR's design whereas the new TSI intake is also suitable for Stage 1 and Stage 2 modified engines all the way up to and beyond APR's Stage 3 Turbocharger System.
Stage II Intake System - EA888 Gen 1
APR is pleased to present our Stage 2 Carbon Fiber Intake System to compliment our popular Carbon Fiber Intake for the 1.8 TSI, 2.0 TSI and 2.0 TFSI engine.
Building upon the excellent gains in power delivery and linear improvement delivered by our Stage 1 Carbon Fiber Intake System that addresses the portion of the induction system ahead of the Mass Air Flow sensor, APR’s Stage 2 Carbon Fiber Intake System replaces the remaining portion of the OEM induction system from the rear of the MAF to the Turbocharger Inlet.
Constructed of aerospace grade carbon fiber and designed to remove intake restriction, APR’s Stage 2 provides smoother transitional airflow, increased air velocity, superior insulation of the incoming air to reduce intake air temperatures, laminar and turbulent airflow at key points to reduce negative incoming air pressure and a larger volume of available air to aid throttle response and turbocharger spool.
- Increased Horsepower and Torque
- Reduced Intake Air Temperatures
- Increased Air Velocity
- Smoother Transitional Airflow
- Increased Throttle Response
- Reduced Turbocharger Spool Time
There are several variations across the Gen 1, 2 and 3 EA888 1.8T and 2.0T engines and the vehicles in which they are installed. APR has several adapters to allow perfect fitment and compatibility depending each specific platform.
VWGoA SEMA 2008 Vehicles
APR first unveiled Carbonio's TSI Intake System at SEMA 2008 in Volkswagen Group of America's Concept CC and Tiguan. Read more about the SEMA CC.
VWGoA SEMA 2008 CC
VWGoA SEMA 2008 Tiguan
Ram air induction is accomplished by maintaining the oem air inlet opening at the front of the leading hood edge which is the highest pressure area of airflow across the entire vehicle. Placement of the air filter as close to this high pressure zone as possible results in overcoming some of the airflow restriction created by even the highest flow air filters available.
Cold air induction is accomplished by completely sealing the intake system from the hot engine bay air and then taking it even further through the choice of Carbon Fiber material and an additional thermal barrier application to the inside of the intake system. Quite often intakes are advertised as cold air induction even though the material choice is a metal or plastic composite which simply does not insulate the incoming air from the hot engine bay air or does not completely seal the intake system in the engine bay allowing hot air to enter the intake stream negating any cold air induction gains.
- 2.0T - EA888 Gen 1
- 2.0T - EA888 Gen 1 - Gain over Stock
- 2.0T - EA888 Gen 2
- 2.0T - EA888 Gen 3
- 2.0T - EA888 Gen 3 - Gain over Stock
Benefits of the Carbonio CAI System include:
- Increased Horsepower and Torque
- Improved Throttle Response
- Decreased Turbo 'Lag'
- Flattened Torque Curve (engine is less 'peaky')
- Improved Fuel Economy
- Enhanced Engine Volumetric Efficiency
- Enhanced Sound of Turbo Diverter Valve
- Installs in an Hour (does not require bumper or headlight removal)
- Maintains Clean Appearance by Retaining Factory Engine Cover
- Maintains All Factory Emissions Components
- Fits Both Manual and Automatic Transmissions
- Unique Thermal Barrier Composite Construction Ensures Low Inlet Temperatures
- Fully Compatible and Complimentary with APR Software and Exhaust systems
Each Carbonio Kit Includes:
- Aerospace Grade Carbon Fiber Main Section
- Carbon Fiber Main Section Show Quality Finish
- Complete Photographic Instructions
- All Necessary Hardware Included for Easy Install without Cutting Or Modifying
- Stage II Carbon Fiber MAF to Turbo Plumbing.
- Breather Host Filter - Required for CBFA engine codes
- Ram Air Bracketry - Required for the Passat/CC/Tiguan
- Ram Air Bracketry - Required for the TT
- Hose Adapter - Required for 1.8T/2.0T EA888 Gen 3
|¹Vehicles with the CBFA engine code and secondary air injection require the Breather Hose Filter (NOT INCLUDED, LISTED BELOW)|
|²The Passat, CC and Tiguan require the Ram Air Bracketry|
|*The Audi TT Requires the TT Ram Air Bracketry|
|** The new 1.8T and 2.0T Generation 3 engine (2013.5 and newer) Require the EA888 Gen 3 Hose Adapter|
|2010+||VW GTI MKVI||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020||$324.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008-2009||VW GTI MKV||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020||$324.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW Jetta/GLI MK5/6||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI**||CI100020||$324.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW Eos||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020||$324.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW Passat² ³||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI**||CI100020||$324.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW CC²||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020||$324.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW Tiguan²||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020||$324.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW Scirocco||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020||$324.99||Buy one Now!|
|2011+||VW Beetle||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI**||CI100020||$324.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||Audi A3||1.8 TFSI & 2.0 TFSI||CI100020||$324.99||Buy one Now!|
|2009+||Audi TT||1.8 TFSI, 2.0 TFSI & 2.0 TFSI VL (Gen 2)*||CI100020||$324.99||Buy one Now!|
|2010+||VW GTI MKVI||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020C||$224.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008-2009||VW GTI MKV||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020C||$224.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008-2013||VW Jetta/GLI MK5/6||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI (Gen 1 engine only)||CI100020C||$224.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW Eos||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020C||$224.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008-2013||VW Passat||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI (Gen 1 engine only)||CI100020C||$224.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW CC||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020C||$224.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW Tiguan||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020C||$224.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW Scirocco||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020C||$224.99||Buy one Now!|
|2011-2013||VW Beetle||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI (Gen 1 engine only)||CI100020C||$224.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||Audi A3||1.8 TFSI & 2.0 TFSI||CI100020C||$224.99||Buy one Now!|
|All||All||All engines with Secondary Air Injection (Click here to see how to tell)||CI100020A||$24.99||Buy one Now!|
|2009+||Audi TT||1.8 TFSI, 2.0 TFSI & 2.0 TFSI VL (Gen 2)||CI100020D||$49.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW Passat||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020B||$24.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW CC||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020B||$24.99||Buy one Now!|
|2008+||VW Tiguan||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI||CI100020B||$24.99||Buy one Now!|
|2013.5+||VW MK6 Jetta / GLI||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI EA888 Gen 3||CI100020E||$19.99||Buy one Now!|
|2013.5+||VW Beetle||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI EA888 Gen 3||CI100020E||$19.99||Buy one Now!|
|2013.5+||VW Passat||1.8 TSI & 2.0 TSI EA888 Gen 3||CI100020E||$19.99||Buy one Now!|
- Doc - It is awesome. This thing is super easy to install. It took about 35 minutes start to finish. Beautiful. It oozes quality. It sounds so mellow around town, until you get on it. Then its a muted growl, sounds kind of exotic. Get off the gas in the middle of second or third, and you hear a nice loud "wooshhh" It sounds so bad ass. Does it pull harder? Yes, without a doubt. I have the APR stage 1 software on the 91 octane program. In second gear, when I floor it I can get the traction control light to blink like crazy at 4000-5500 rpms. The car does pull harder, the stage 1 and intake makes for a great combo! I highly recommend this intake to anyone looking for a quality piece that doesn't look like a filter on a stick.
- Kellan W - Just installed my new APR intake today and wanted to say that I LOVE it! The quality of the Carbonio exceeds my expectations and the fit is flawless. The Intake adds a nice deep growl under full throttle, and in third gear you can hear the DV release when you let off the gas. *Thumbs Up!* I can't wait to add the Stage 1 tune next month. Good Job APR!
Is it Authentic?
Each APR Carbonio intake system is branded with a unique, one time use hologram and serial number in an effort to provide better service for our customers. The hologram displays the Carbonio logo and the name "CARBONIO" when rotated in the light. If you feel you are a victim of counterfeit products, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.