**This posting will close 2/5/2018**
Reports to: Quality Manager
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: This position supports APR operations through the application of quality standards, methods, and processes to assure and control quality. Candidate will execute various quality program initiatives including the creation and maintenance of: inspection standards, document and configuration control systems, and investigations.
- 2-year degree and minimum 4 years experience in a quality assurance position, or;
- 4-year degree in related field
- Strong computer skills specifically with Microsoft Products
- Ability to use standard high-precision measurement equipment (calipers, micrometers, bore gauges)
- Proficiency reading engineering drawings (blueprints) and correctly interpreting dimensional tolerances to validate conformance to engineering and manufacturing standards
- Must have strong knowledge of standard quality systems (ISO9001 / TS16949, etc.)
- Must have experience working in manufacturing quality environment
- Familiarity with products build using various types of manufacturing processes, including: machining, casting, metal forming, welding, composite lamination (CFRP), 3d printing
- Experience with automotive products, ability to learn and determine fit, form, function standards for product
- Ability to generate consensus between different points of view to move the group towards a path or decision.
- Laser Metrology / 3d inspection experience
- Certified quality auditor (ASQ or similar)
- Leadership experience / training
- Continuous Improvement or lean manufacturing training
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Executes Quality Initiatives, including:
- Creating per product quality plans
- Supporting and implementing standard quality metrics
- Creating standard inspection criteria for production operators
- Administers Non-Conformance Reporting system, verifying accuracy and timely completion of investigations, dispositions and documentation.
- Investigates and documents general quality issues, works with engineering, production, and supply chain to implement solutions.
- Leads and documents Corrective Actions / Preventative Actions
- Leads in Root Cause Analysis and Documentation
- Maintains APR Document Management System
- Interfaces with Engineering team to ensure creation of and ability to measure engineering specifications and standards.
- Supports Production team with developing effective and efficient strategies to inspect, measure, and report quality metrics.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very high attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Great attitude and teamwork and in the alternative work well independently
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to question, research and recognize discrepancies that may arise
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis
- Complete assigned task in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness
- Uphold company policies, including the anti-harassment program
- Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public
- Uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and ethical behavior
- Work effectively and efficiently under product deadlines
- Maintain and uphold APR’s Core Values
- Uphold APR’s code of conduct
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands to feel objects and type on keyboard or work controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Work is regularly performed in a manufacturing environment as well as a shop and office environment. The noise levels can vary from light to medium levels.
- Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8am- 5pm and overtime as needed. Possible weekend work for shows and/or events and other production tasks.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established by supervisor
Approval/revision date: 1/3/2018
Final candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
APR, LLC is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis recognized by federal, state, or local law.