**This job posting will close February 5th, 2018**
Reports to: VP of Hardware Engineering and VP of Software & Calibration
FLSA status: Exempt
Position Summary: This position will report to Engineering, and will be primarily focused on the administrative aspects of project management and execution. Responsible for supporting project management functions for all projects with APR’s product development portfolio.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, verbal and written communications ability to achieve consensus among project team members
- BS degree in Project Management, Engineering, or equivalent
- 4+ years (expert level) experience with an industry standard project and resource management tool (MS Project, Primavera, Smartsheet, or similar)
- Experience with project estimation and budgeting resource hours, cost, etc.
- Proficient with full Microsoft office suite.
- Experience developing and documenting process documentation
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or the ability to attain within 2 years of employment
- Thorough understanding of engineering and manufacturing practices/standards, operations, with an emphasis on new product development
- An analytical approach to problem solving, value-add tasks and processes
- Ability to execute the PDCA cycle, and engineering design process
- Functional understanding of mechanical and/or software engineering design
- Supply chain management experience
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Automotive enthusiast and experience
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Lead the administration and maintenance of a project management system, as well as project portfolios, and individual project timelines
- Develop project templates for all types of recurring projects
- Assist in project planning activities
- Assist in resource management and scheduling
- Assist coordination of activities between all departments
- Facilitate resolution of project related conflicts (resourcing, scheduling, etc.)
- Report project status and performance data as required to management, project champions and other stakeholders
- Facilitate lessons learned assessments for all applicable projects specifically related to project execution metrics
- Develop a feedback mechanism for applying lessons learned to project templates
- Participate in department meetings
- Mentor and educate engineering team members in project management related competencies
Success factors/job competencies:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the APR product line and core values.
- Professional appearance and manner
- Planning and Time Management- the ability to think ahead, manage multiple priorities and plan over a one- to two-year time span
- Management- ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work within tight deadlines
- Creative Problem solving and the ability to think outside the box
- Customer Satisfaction orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Team Player
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis
- Complete assigned task in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness
- Uphold company policies, including the anti-harassment program
- Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public
- Uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and ethical behavior
- Work effectively and efficiently under product deadlines
- Maintain and uphold APR’s Core Values
- Uphold APR’s code of conduct
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: Ability to lift and move at least 25 lbs., sit for long periods working on a computer, climb stairs, stand for long periods, and walk short distances.
- Work Environment: Includes both an indoor office environment and a warehouse environment which may be significantly colder or warmer than a normal indoor office setting. There may be brief period of loud noise from machinery.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established by supervisor
Approval/revision date: 12/4/17
Final candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
APR, LLC is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status or any other basis recognized by federal, state, or local law.