Senior CAD Engineer(Continuous Recruitment)
Senior CAD Engineer(Continuous Recruitment)
**Please note that we will be recruiting for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in APR, LLC.**
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Senior CAD Engineer is responsible for capturing and processing 3D scan data, using that data to create a workable model environment, creating complex part and assembly models, creating detailed engineering drawings of those components, and working with supply chain, vendors, and manufacturing to produce those components.This position is expected to be the CAD mentor for other CAD users within the company.
- At least 5 years experience with complex CAD modeling
- At least 5 years experience designing mechanical parts and assemblies
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency
- BS or an Associate’s in related field
- Competency with CREO CAD software is strongly preferred
- Experience with Mastercam software and CNC machining
- Experience with engine performance products
- Competency with 3D scanning and 3D printing
- Experience mentoring and leading less knowledgeable CAD users
- Competency with Windchill or other product data management systems
- Automotive enthusiast
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Use of Romer Arm Laser Scanner, Creaform Laser Scanner, and/or FARO CMM to capture packaging data from vehicles and convert the data to useable model space
- Use of CREO 4.0 CAD software to create simple to complex part and assembly models that can include significant surface modeling and other complex CAD practices
- Create detailed engineering drawings that include dimensional and geometric tolerances and critical notes for manufacturing and procurement
- Convert part files to .stl files and use a Fortus 450 3D printer to print components
- Work with R&D technicians to test fit 3D printed components and elicit feedback concerning fit and function
- Utilize Superflow flow bench to test air flow through components to validate designs and/or make design changes
- Assist other CAD users by providing CAD modeling help, and teaching best practices
Success factors/job competencies:
- In depth knowledge of mechanical design and CAD modeling
- Clear and concise communication
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Uphold company policies, including the anti-harassment program
- Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public
- Uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and ethical behavior
- Work effectively and efficiently under product deadlines
- Maintain and uphold APR’s Core Values
- Uphold APR’s code of conduct
- Possess a valid and unexpired driver’s license
- Eligibility to be an insured driver
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands to feel objects and type on keyboard or work controls. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Work is regularly performed in a manufacturing environment as well as a shop and office environment. The noise levels can vary from light to medium levels.
- Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm. Travel is less than 10%.
- Annual performance appraisal
Approval/revision date: November 27, 2017
Final candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
APR, LLC is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran states or any other basis recognized by federal, state, or local law.