**This job posting will close January 21st, 2018**
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Reports to: Mechanical Engineering Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for efficiently fabricating complex prototype components for performance engines and manufacturing tools using industry standard fabricating techniques.
- At least three years of previous experience in welding, metal fabrication, manufacturing.
- GTAW expert in precision level aluminum alloys, stainless steel, steel alloys. Knowledge in choosing machine parameters, torch and tungsten choice, techniques to achieve joint integrity, filler material selection, and manufacturing efficiency.
- GMAW expert in precision level aluminum alloys, stainless steel, steel alloys. Knowledge in choosing machine parameters, techniques to achieve joint integrity, filler material selection, and manufacturing efficiency.
- Experience working with various motorsport fabrication processes including sheet metal fabrication, machine tool use, space frame construction.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes including casting, sheet metal forming, CNC machining and space frame construction.
- Ability to work with and communicate well within a small group but also able to work independently on the entirety of smaller projects.
- Proficiency reading engineering and manufacturing drawings.
- Experience with turbocharged, supercharged and naturally aspirated engines.
- Experience in/knowledge of building intercoolers, exhausts, charge piping, turbo manifolds, safety roll cages, and other motorsports related parts or components.
- Experience in/knowledge of operating hand operated equipment such as lathes, mills, tube benders, tube notchers, sanders, punches, etc.
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, processes and design techniques used in motorsports.
- Experience in CNC machinery highly desired.
- Experience welding and fabricating Titanium Alloys highly desired.
- Experience using CAD and CAM software highly desired.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Design components and fabricate hardware related to the performance of internal combustion engines & other vehicle systems. Examples include prototype downpipes, cat-back exhausts, intercoolers, intake parts, etc.
- Fabrication of various items involved with all aspects of the company, such as engineering prototypes, production samples and first articles, production tools for manufacturing, other components of material handling, equipment mobility, marketing displays, and items for facilities.
- Maintain fabrication equipment including band saws, sheet metal shears, breaks, bead rollers, punches, presses, table and platen sanders, welders, lathes, and mills.
- Educating production welders in proper welding techniques as well as solving welding related problems.
- Help accurately determine project deadlines and do what is necessary to see they’re met.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the APR product line and core values.
- Professional appearance and manner
- Planning and Time Management- the ability to think ahead, manage multiple priorities and plan over a one- to two-year time span
- Management- ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work within tight deadlines
- Creative Problem solving and the ability to think outside the box
- Customer Satisfaction orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Team Player
- Attend work on a regular and predictable basis
- Complete assigned task in a safe manner and in a constant state of alertness
- Uphold company policies, including the anti-harassment program
- Work in a cooperative manner with managers, supervisors, coworkers, customers and the public
- Uphold the highest standard of integrity, honesty and ethical behavior
- Work effectively and efficiently under product deadlines
- Maintain and uphold APR’s Core Values
- Uphold APR’s code of conduct
- Possess a valid and unexpired driver’s license
- Eligibility to be an insured driver
Physical demands and work environment:
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to feel objects, use tools, type on keyboard or work controls; reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Can be exposed to extreme motions.
- Work Environment: The noise levels can vary from light to high levels. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. May be exposed to dangerous chemicals, abrasive materials and open flames.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established by supervisor
Approval/revision date: 12/4/17
Final candidate must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
APR, LLC is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to, race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran states or any other basis recognized by federal, state, or local law.